licensing Act 2003

How can I help?

Licensing Act 2003

If you are a new or existing business providing relvant licensable activities defined under the Licensing Act 2003, you must have a licence from the Local Authority, Those licensable activities include:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of the club
  • The provision of regulated entertainment
  • The provision of late night refreshment.

The fundamental principles of the Act are based on the four licensing objectives and you business must properly and adequately promote those objectives which are:

  • The Prevention of Crime and Disorder
  • Protection of Children from Harm
  • Public Safety
  • Prevention of Public Nuisance

Whether you are considering making a new application or applying to vary an existing licence and need some support, let me help you. With my long Local Authority experience I understand how they work and what they require of applicants and licence holders.

I can provide as much or as little support from giving licensing advice right through to drafting, submitting and managing your application including:

  • Premises Licences – New, Variation and Minor Variation
  • Club Premises Certificates – New, Variation and Minor Variation
  • Personal Licences
  • Temporary Events Notices


Linda... has successfully negotiated with Local Authority Licensing Teams on our behalf regarding their interpretation of the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of our applications.

NL – Brand Events London

Linda was great, clearly has a lot of knowledge and more importantly she knows how to share her knowledge and experience.

Rushcliffe Borough Council

Linda was able to demonstrate how situations can be resolved and actioned on an officer level with examples of practical applications.

Introduction to Taxi Licensing course – Birmingham

Let's Start a Conversation